Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A dry W...

Hi again:

How is your day going?

I did finish The Lost and Forgotten Languages of Shanghai. It is a great novel, with such an unique interest.

I am now reading Mao's Famine about The Great Leap Forward, that ended up killing 45 million people between 1958 and 1962. I can recall when it happened as I was reading the newspaper at 9 and 10 years of age.

I did not realize at the time how bad a newspaper the Oregon Statesmen was, learning this some years later when I started reading The Oregonian. I never read the Statesman/Journal anymore. It is not fit even to wrap your garbage in...Now I just search the paper for garage sales in the area.

My next book will be Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China. I read this book before going to China four years ago.

How is your week going?

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment