Saturday, April 16, 2011

Early Saturday now...



Good morning:

Fog and light among the trees. A very nice picture.

I am up early this Saturday morning for whatever reason. 

Not much happening here today. I am heading to the library around 10:00 am. 

I need to check The Stayton Mail to see if there are any garage sales today, which I doubt due to the rain we have been having.

I am reading on my Kindle some long stories I added there from longforms.org.  This site is wonderful for long stories. I copy each story to Word, save it and then send it to my Kindle by email. 

Last night I read the story of tax prep businesses that provide advance loans based on the refund.  These loans are a rip-off of poor people.  The up-front fees and interest rate make the real interest rate these guys get over 180%.  The lies these tax prep people are great, from not telling them the interest and not telling them the refund will come to the tax payer in about two weeks if the return was filed electronically. 

I am now reading about the air traffic controllers from The Atlantic. 

Last night I searched for friends on Facebook and found yet another Steve Schwindt in Argentina.  I earlier found a Steve Schwindt in Colorado. 

Hope your weekend is going well.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment