Friday, August 19, 2011

Four more days....

Hello:

Sorry for not writing much here the past few weeks.  This coming week I will be traveling for three days to get to China so no posting there.

I have spent today getting books loaded to my Kindle I want to read on the trip to China and while I am in China, I got both of Charles Mann's books, 1491 and 1493.  I also got Dreams of Joy by Lisa See.  I had this latter book on reserve at the library for a few months, but today I canceled it and bought for my Kindle.

I am glad to see there is a lawsuit against Apple and the big publishers now  Hardly no ebook is priced at $9.99 anymore.  The three ebooks I got today were priced at $11.99, $14.99 and $12.99, prices all set "by the publisher." 

The picture here is the last entry in our 4th of July parade, a fire truck that spayed water over everyone there. It sure felt good to get a mist of spray on this hot day.

No more library books for me. All of my reading is now on my Kindle.

Today I read an article I put on my Kindle last month, called Where are All the Girls?   Too much sex selection by parents in India and China now.  I know some places in China the ratio of men to women is 110 to 100.  In the countryside the ratio is even higher at 130 men to every 100 women.  An entire generation of men in China and India will not be able to find wives among the native population.

Another article I read on my Kindle is the Chinese Babe Tax, a funny way for China to raise some money by taxing Americans and westerners who take Chinese women away from China.

Have a great weekend.

Labor Day is coming. What are your plans for that extended weekend?


Steven

 

No comments:

Post a Comment